Saturday, March 16

trapped inside a flying brick....


The Scintilla Project



Heading into the next prompt. Gonna be short and sweet. 

Being trapped in a confined environment can turn an ordinary experience into a powder keg. Write about a thing that happened to you while you were using transportation: 

"A Cessna is a flying brick", the instructor announced to the class. Okay.... my 12 year old son can learn to fly a brick... he finished ground school, and now he was having his first flying lesson. It was a 4 seater, so I got to ride along. Didn't really feel trapped in the plane, I felt more trapped with the headphones wrapped around my skull. Such a claustrophobic ... But the air, the view, the freedom. I wasn't even afraid to look down. The airport shrunk, the sky exploded. I reached across the empty seat and pushed the sealed window, fingers spread open. Felt the plane lean and moonwalk across the airy blue. Next time, maybe we can fly into the sunset....


No comments: